Sunday, June 2, 2013

Weird Meal

I was home alone last night and thought of having pasta by using the jarred sauce, which my grandmother wanted me to consume 2 weeks ago, for dinner. While I waited for the pasta to cook, I tried opening the jar of the sauce but there was a problem... I couldn't open it, not even a bit. The jar was so vacuumed that I was tempted to break it or throw it out of the balcony. (as if I have the guts to do that knowing that I live on the 11th floor and within Makati CBD) I tried different methods* in opening it such as the candle, water hammer, static cling wrap, hot water and damp cloth; still no success. In the end, I just checked the fridge to see if there was any viand I could use, and the only thing available was Chicken Liver Adobo.

Since I was so hungry, I made use of what was found with a bit of balsamic vinegar, which is my favorite condiment. This was the result:


It doesn't look that appetizing but the taste wasn't so bad. Because of this dish, I came to the conclusion that I cook weird dishes whenever I'm hungry and alone at home.

*In case you don't know what I'm talking about, here's the link of the site: http://www.eyehandy.com/articles/10-ways-to-open-a-stubborn-jar-lid/


No comments:

Post a Comment