Monday, June 3, 2013

Afternoon in the Kitchen


I didn't feel like working on my advanced note-taking in Marketing today, so I spent my afternoon in the kitchen making Spam Musubi and Salmon Onigiri. Traditionally, they're just simple snacks, but they can really be filling.

My experience in making these? I had a rough time in portioning and shaping the rice properly because I was worried it might be lesser than the spam and filling, but it turns out that I used too much rice and ended up having excess salmon. Good news, though, the shape of the onigiri looks way better than when I made it the first time.

08.04.13: While making this, I realized that I forgot to buy nori...

That's how bad it was! At least I improved and didn't forget to buy nori this time.

Evaluation of today's dishes? They tasted good although the rice's texture needs to be improved. (OFI!*) Hopefully, I'll be able to make some again for my packed lunch; once school starts.

*OFI - Opportunity For Improvement (I can't get over with TQM)

No comments:

Post a Comment