Monday, April 22, 2013

Be Loyal. PERIOD.

I just finished watching a movie titled Fireproof which my friend, Gerard, shared. I had no idea what it was about, but my sister told me that it's a nice Christian movie and indeed, it was. I think this was the first time a movie made me cry, almost as much as I cried during those heartbreaking periods. The movie was a blessing for it gave me inspiration, not only for this blog post but also for my future marriage.

"Son, God loves you, even though you don't deserve it. Even though you've rejected Him." That was one of the lines that touched me because it's something that is happening in real life. For a relationship to work, it doesn't mean getting a reward out of loving the person. For it to work, you have to love like God. You love the person not because you feel like it, but because you made a decision to love that person whether he or she doesn't deserve it. As I was watching the movie, it made me realize that having a Christ-centered relationship is really important, especially in marriage. Also, it reminded me of yesterday's talk in The Feast.

The talk was about Loyalty. Bro. Jon Escoto shared a lot of stories relating to it, but there was this one story that was very similar to the one Bro. Bo Sanchez shared almost 3 years ago. I remembered it very clearly because it was a blog post that I published back then. The title of that post was Faithfulness.* Listening to that story felt nostalgia, yet it made me want to cry because that man remained loyal to his sick wife, even though she has already been hurting him by not remembering who he is. Another thing that Bro. Jon shared was that True Love is beyond feelings. Even though we lose the feeling, we can still continue to love the person.

This weekend was a really big blessing for me because not only it was a perfect timing that the movie was somewhat related to yesterday's talk, but also I met a good friend who actually has an interest in things like these. It's cool that my best friend, Enzo, introduced me to Gerard and I hope we continue to grow an awesome friendship.

Thanks a lot Gerard for sharing Fireproof with me! It was a very inspiring movie. =)

*Even though it has a few grammatical errors, I choose not to edit it.

No comments:

Post a Comment