Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Human Nature Pollution Defense

Living in one of the Philippines' busy cities, air pollution is everywhere and there is no way to avoid it (unless you prefer to stay indoors without opening your windows). With this kind of environment, it is common for our skin to get stressed and sometimes have breakouts.

Human Nature recently released a product called "Pollution Defense Face Mask". This item caught my attention as I was scrolling through my Facebook feed one evening. At that time, I was still using a charcoal peel-off mask, which I later found out was not advisable to use for the face as it pulls out not only blackheads and whiteheads, but also vellus hair. I learned that the painful way (ouch!).


I bought the face mask from one of their flagship stores and was excited to try it out! This being a natural product, it doesn't contain those harmful chemicals you see in other commercial facial products. So let's start the review!

I washed my face before applying the clay. Unlike the other face masks I tried out, this one was easy to apply and spread out as it was not sticky. It also has a scent, which I still cannot distinguish if it's the mineral, moringa seed extract, charcoal or passion fruit seed oil. Until now, I am sniffing my finger trying to figure out what it is. Anyway, as I left it to dry, I felt a bit of tingling on my face (probably the clay pulling out the impurities on my skin). The clay dried up quickly as I only applied a thin layer. After rinsing, my face felt refreshed! I looked at myself in the mirror and noticed most of the little bumps on my nose were gone. It seemed more effective than the peel-off mask I have been using. Although, I should have left the mask on for a few more minutes.

For those who are having thoughts if they should buy the product or not, I recommend that you do. Especially while they are still selling it in introductory price, which is Php395 (SRP is Php450). As it says on the bottle, "Take the city out of your skin!"

No comments:

Post a Comment